New single cell and spatial products set to deliver higher performance, improve ease of use and enable researchers to measure more biology
PLEASANTON, Calif. — 10x Genomics, Inc. (Nasdaq: TXG), a leader in single cell and spatial biology, announced today a series of new products and technology demonstrations that will be presented at the 2024 Advances in Genome Biology and Technology (AGBT) General Meeting this week in Orlando, Florida.
“The new products we have planned for 2024 will take 10x to the next level, as we deliver game-changing new technologies that will redefine the Visium, Xenium and Chromium platforms,” said Ben Hindson, Co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer of 10x Genomics. “Our team continues to raise the bar for researchers, developing cutting-edge technologies that ‘just work’ and creating incredible single cell and spatial tools to enable mind-blowing scientific discoveries.”
10x Genomics will host a workshop at AGBT on Wednesday, February 7, at 1:10 p.m. ET to share the latest data and development directions across its three platforms. This workshop will be live-streamed for researchers not attending AGBT.
Visium Spatial Analysis
10x Genomics recently announced the launch of Visium HD, a new product that enables whole transcriptome spatial discovery at single-cell scale resolution. At AGBT, the company will share new data to highlight the performance advantages of Visium HD, which is now available for pre-order and is expected to start shipping this quarter.
“Visium HD will be a powerful tool for spatial discovery, empowering scientists to study the organization and interactions of cells in real-world tissue samples with a high degree of detail across the whole transcriptome,” added Hindson. “The resolution opens up the possibility to disaggregate what is happening within niches and discover patterns and pathways in fine structures, offering a complete view of the transcriptome with spatial context.”
Xenium In Situ Analysis
In its first full year of launch, the company’s Xenium In Situ platform has seen rapid growth and adoption, with more than 250 Xenium instruments sold and multiple independent benchmarking studies demonstrating Xenium is the best performing platform for in situ analysis.
At AGBT, 10x will share the latest data from the company’s comprehensive Xenium product roadmap, including:
- Multimodal cell segmentation, a new add-on kit compatible with existing Xenium reagents to enable improved biological interpretation, which is expected to begin shipping in Q1 2024.
- Xenium 5,000-plex panel, which delivers a massive codebook expansion while maintaining the platform’s high specificity, per-gene sensitivity and throughput. The new 5,000-plex kit, which can analyze 4 cm2 of tissue in six days, is expected to start shipping in Q2 2024.
- Integrated Xenium Protein Profiling, a new assay expected in the second half of the year, which will enable multiplex protein detection and gene expression analysis on the same tissue section in a single run.
Chromium Single Cell Analysis
At AGBT, 10x Genomics will unveil new products, features and protocols designed to enable researchers with improved and more cost effective single cell workflows.
10x Genomics will share new capabilities for its Chromium Flex assay, including:
- Whole blood fixation to directly fix whole blood for storage and later use with the Flex assay.
- Intracellular protein profiling to simultaneously analyze gene expression and intracellular proteins including cytokines and phospho-proteins.
- CRISPR/sgRNA screens to enable functional genetic screens at scale and low cost.
At its Sponsor Workshop, 10x Genomics will also unveil major product updates and new capabilities for its flagship Single Cell Gene Expression and Single Cell Immune Profiling assays.
Posters and Featured Talks
Throughout AGBT, 10x Genomics will demonstrate the use of its platforms to generate groundbreaking biological insights:
- Sponsor Workshop: Mind blowing science enabled by industry-leading single cell & spatial technologies (February 7, 2024). Register for the livestream here.
- Featured Posters:
- Poster 301: A blood collection workflow for interrogation of translational samples with single-cell technologies
- Poster 537: Cell boundary segmentation for the Xenium Analyzer
- Poster 583: In situ detection and subcellular localization of 5,000 genes using Xenium Analyzer
- Poster 626: Scaling high-throughput, multimodal single cell CRISPR screens using 10x Genomics Chromium Single Cell Gene Expression Flex
- Poster 654: Visium HD enables whole-transcriptome spatial profiling at single cell scale resolution in formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissues
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics is a life science technology company building products to accelerate the mastery of biology and advance human health. Our integrated solutions include instruments, consumables and software for single cell and spatial biology, which help academic and translational researchers and biopharmaceutical companies understand biological systems at a resolution and scale that matches the complexity of biology. Our products are behind breakthroughs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience and more, fueling powerful discoveries that are transforming the world’s understanding of health and disease. To learn more, visit 10xgenomics.com or connect with us on LinkedIn or X (Twitter).
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 as contained in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, which fall under the “safe harbor” provisions of those sections. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, may be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “may,” “might,” “will,” “should,” “expect,” “plan,” “anticipate,” “could,” “intend,” “target,” “project,” “contemplate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential” or “continue” or variations of them or similar terminology, but the absence of these words does not mean that a statement is not forward-looking. These forward-looking statements include statements regarding 10x Genomics, Inc.’s (“10x Genomics”) product launches, performance, configuration, capabilities and adoption. These statements are based on management’s current expectations, forecasts, beliefs, assumptions and information currently available to management, and actual outcomes and results could differ materially from these statements due to a number of factors. Other risks and uncertainties that could affect 10x Genomics’ financial and operating results and cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by the forward-looking statements made in this press release include those discussed under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and elsewhere in the documents 10x Genomics files with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) from time to time. Although 10x Genomics believes that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cannot provide any assurance that these expectations will prove to be correct nor can it guarantee that the future results, levels of activity, performance and events and circumstances reflected in the forward-looking statements will be achieved or occur. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to 10x Genomics as of the date hereof, and 10x Genomics disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements provided to reflect any change in its expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based, except as required by law. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing 10x Genomics’ views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
10x Genomics uses filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, our website (www.10xgenomics.com), press releases, public conference calls, public webcasts and our social media accounts as means of disclosing material non-public information and for complying with our disclosure obligations under Regulation FD.