MINNEAPOLIS — Physical Electronics, the world’s leading UHV surface analysis instrumentation supplier, announced PHI’s next generation VersaProbe 4 — a highly successful multi-technique X-ray photoelectron spectrometer (XPS) that is designed to improve spectroscopic performance, increase productivity and innovation for academic and industrial labs.
One factor in the decision to purchase another PHI instrument is the ease of use of the VersaProbe design and software.
The new PHI VersaProbe 4 has improved spectroscopic performance, new large area imaging and mapping capabilities, and environmentally friendly modern configuration with efficient power consumption, faster pump-down, and ergonomic design.
The fully integrated multi-technique platform of the PHI VersaProbe 4 offers an array of optional excitation sources, sputter ion sources, and sample treatment and transfer capabilities. These features are essential in studying today’s advanced materials and supporting material characterization and problem-solving needs.
PHI VersaProbe 4 delivers several features that researchers need for quality surface analysis, including:
- High sensitivity in small and large area analysis using micro-focused, scanning X-ray source
- Intuitive sample navigation and confident analysis area identification
- NEW X-ray induced Secondary Electron Imaging (SXI) for large-area navigation and large area chemical mapping
- High-Performance depth profiling with multiple ion gun options for a variety of organic, inorganic, and mixed materials
- Suite of specialized solutions for in situ characterization of advanced materials
- Unique full electronic band structure characterization of organic and inorganic materials.
- Advanced software for thin-film structure analysis
- Highly configurable queuing system for automated unattended analysis and maximum efficiency
- Fully remote operation and advanced remote diagnostics
- Efficient power consumption, faster pump-down and ergonomic design
To learn more about PHI VersaProbe 4 https://www.phi.com/surface-analysis-equipment/versaprobe.html
About Physical Electronics
Physical Electronics (PHI) is a subsidiary of ULVAC-PHI, the world’s leading supplier of UHV surface analysis instrumentation used for research and development of advanced materials in a number of high technology fields including: nanotechnology, microelectronics, storage media, bio-medical, and basic materials such as metals, polymers, and coatings. PHI’s innovative XPS, AES, and SIMS technologies provide our customers with unique tools to solve challenging materials problems and accelerate the development of new materials and products.. For more information, please visit www.phi.com.