Thermo Fisher Scientific introduced the Invitrogen Neon NxT Electroporation System* to enable researchers to transfect even the most challenging cell types with high efficiency, cell recovery and reproducibility.
Neon NxT electrodes are optimally spaced with minimal surface area to create a more uniform electric field and maintain physiological conditions during transfection. These benefits enable the desired modification to take place in more cells, with fewer cells being lost during the transfection process. The new system also features an improved feedback loop and ergonomic enhancements for ease of use.
Using the same core technology as the Neon Transfection System*, Neon NxT system helps researchers save time and samples compared to conventional electroporation. In both systems transfection takes place inside the pipette tip to help reduce steps, minimize cell mortality and mitigate the risk of sample contamination.
“Customers have relied on the Neon Transfection System for more than a decade. Now, with the new Neon NxT system we have perfected the workflow and usability while maintaining the technology that our customers love,” said Brian Douglass, vice president and general manager of cell biology, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “As electroporation gains attention as a promising non-viral alternative for delivery of cell therapies, enabling higher transfection efficiency at the research stage may help accelerate the transition to clinical development.”
Researchers can scale from initial research on the Neon NxT system to clinical cell therapy development and GMP-compliant cell therapy manufacturing when complemented with the recently introduced CTS Xenon Electroporation System without the need to re-optimize electroporation parameters.
Research in gene and protein expression, cell line development, gene silencing and genome editing.
- Reliable performance and cell viability: Optimized electrode design and fewer pipetting steps can help increase transfection efficiency and improve cell viability.
- Sample protection: Compact design that fits inside most biosafety cabinets and unique pipette tip to help minimize the risk of sample contamination.
- Simplified workflow: Easy-to-follow, three-step workflow can help shorten the transfection process to 10-15 minutes and requires minimal training to enable improved consistency and reproducibility.
- Flexible and customizable: The ability to modify parameters from pulse voltage to payload enables researchers to precisely control their experiments.
- Digitally enabled: New Invitrogen TransfectionLab cloud-based app helps researchers plan experiments step-by-step to enable increased productivity and improve traceability.
*FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue over $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
1 Brook Street
Watertown MA 02472-2395