– Upgrades Advance the Gold Standard for Entry-Level Elemental Analysis –
Kleve, Germany – SPECTRO Analytical Instruments introduces the new, high-performance, high-value SPECTRO GENESIS ICP-OES, upgraded with major advancements to provide greater sensitivity, a new compact design, improved ergonomics, and critical state-of-the-art technologies.
For many environmental, industrial, and academic laboratories worldwide, the SPECTRO GENESIS is a cost-efficient elemental analysis solution for emission and process control applications. Now, the new SPECTRO GENESIS is even easier to use and delivers greater industrial-grade durability and throughput while still being surprisingly affordable to purchase and operate. Its linear dynamic range allows analysis from parts per billion (ppb) to percent levels. The analyzer’s new DSOI plasma interface furnishes greatly increased sensitivity to deliver fast, accurate analysis for an even wider range of applications.
The upgrades, which reaffirm the SPECTRO GENESIS as the gold standard among entry-level ICP-OES instruments, include:
- Greatly improved sensitivity due to its upgrade to SPECTRO’s unique dual side-on interface (DSOI) plasma observation technology. So, dual-view systems’ second measurements are unnecessary, matrix effects are reduced, accuracy is improved, and high matrix tolerance allows analyses in lower dilutions — to handle a broader array of applications, including wastewater, industrial wastewater, soil, sewage sludge, wear metals and additives in lube oils, crude oil, distillation fuels, biodiesel — and more.
- The new compact redesign combines exceptional ruggedness with a greatly reduced footprint, less bulk, and easier installation on tight laboratory benchtops.
- New ergonomics improve usage efficiency with a new quick-mount bayonet torch holder for fast and easy torch installations; redesigned connection points to provide barrier-free access, minimized fluid paths for optimal operational simplicity and speed; and an optional Intelligent Valve System for quicker loading of samples.
- New solid-state line-array detectors are based on complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) technology. These read trace elements’ low signals, deliver high dynamic range, don’t need on-chip cooling, and eliminate blooming.
- The ultrafast readout delivers shortest integration time of 0.1 milliseconds (ms) and allows greater dynamic range to measure high signals of intense spectral lines without difficulty.
- An updated laterally diffused metal oxide semiconductor (LDMOS) generator delivers up to 1700 W of proven solid-state power. This provides plasma robustness for high matrix compatibility — enabling low or no need for sample preparation, the ability to run samples at lower dilutions, and better limits of detection.
- To save gas and energy, users can set the system to automatically turn on, begin standby low-level gas purging, etc., at predetermined times.
In addition, to ensure maximum uptime, optimum performance, and the longest possible equipment life for all SPECTRO world-class elemental analyzers, AMECARE Performance Services is ready to provide high-value, customized support with hundreds of experienced service engineers in 50 countries.
SPECTRO, a business of AMETEK, Inc., manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for elemental analysis in a broad range of applications, and provides exemplary customer service.
SPECTRO’s products are known for their superior technical capabilities that deliver measurable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 50,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global provider of industrial technology solutions serving a diverse set of attractive niche markets with annual sales over $6.0 billion.