Waters Corporation Ships Major Version of Waters® NuGenesis® SDMS Software
Milford, Mass., – Waters Corporation announced today it is shipping Version 7.0 of Waters NuGenesis Scientific Data Management System (SDMS) Software. This new version lets scientists convert proprietary data from any analytical technique into the technology-neutral JCAMP-DX standard while preserving investments in instruments and software. The software also simplifies system administration and management while providing more configuration choices to facilitate easier deployment.
According to Pat Martell, Director of Informatics at Waters Corporation, “Laboratories are under pressure to improve results and then take those results and amass, correlate and learn from the data. Today’s announcement facilitates the ability of researchers to integrate data from various sources into a logical framework and then share that data across the enterprise.”
Waters NuGenesis SDMS Software is the industry’s leading electronic-information management repository. Scientists at major pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical companies use its patented “print to database” technology to capture and query printed reports and data files from analytical instruments, scientific and office software packages and then apply that data to today’s research for additional relevance.
Highlights of the new features include:
· automatic conversion capabilities that create JCAMP-DX public data standard files to view data from NMR, MS, UV/Vis, chromatography, hyphenated methods, chemical structures and other techniques right from the desktop – without the original application – for long-term data preservation
· remote data storage option that optimizes network utilization and improves database performance
· single user authentication strategies to maintain security through support of Active Directory and LDAP technologies
· enhanced electronic signature and other collaboration processes
· expanded Software Development Kit features and on-line documentation to assist in development of Microsoft® .Net applications
· support for web-based Help Desk administration of users, groups, privileges and server components
· tighter integration with Waters Empower™ 2, Waters eLab Notebook™, Waters MassLynx™ 4.1 and Waters Analytical Workflow Manager Software
About Waters Laboratory Informatics
The Waters Laboratory Informatics suite is made up of powerful, integrated information management solutions that enable users to compile, manage and share the vast quantity of data generated in a laboratory. Waters purchased NuGenesis Technologies Corporation in 2004 to complement its existing Laboratory Informatics suite and successfully merged the company in 2005. Whether searching for application-specific software or looking to augment a data management strategy, Waters Laboratory Informatics solutions transform raw data into a competitive advantage. Learn more at www.waters.com/informatics.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.5 – $5.0 billion of the overall $20+ billion analytical instrumentation market.
Waters and NuGenesis are registered trademarks and Empower, MassLynx and eLab Notebook are trademarks of Waters Corporation. Microsoft is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company’s products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company’s Annual Report on Form10-K for the year ended December 31, 2004.