Detects harmful toxins in finished feed and pet food while saving time and money and increasing safety
WHO: Waters Corporation, Milford, Massachusetts
WHAT: Waters Corporation announces the new Fumo-V™ ONE Strip Test from its VICAM™ portfolio, a quantitative lateral flow strip test to test fumonisin in finished feed and pet foods in the range of 0.5-30 parts per million (ppm) in less than 10 minutes using a water extraction. Fumonisin is one of the most prevalent mycotoxins worldwide, known to cause life-threatening diseases in horses (equine leukoelcephalomalacia) and swine (porcine pulmonary edema), and has been linked to human esophageal cancer, and liver and kidney diseases.
The new test offers three key improvements over traditional methods:
- The Fumo-V ONE Strip Tests enable the ‘big 3’ mycotoxins (aflatoxin, fumonisin, and DON) to be monitored on-the-spot during feed production, moving quality management upstream and ensuring products are safe to ship and consume.
- Customers can now obtain actionable results on-site in less than 10 minutes for complex finished feeds. This removes the need to wait for lab results and speeds decision-making on finished product release using accurate, precise data.
- Quick results (minutes instead of hours, days, or weeks for results) drive better decision-making, lowers risk, and saves money (contaminated feed can result in recall/media event/legal action).
Ultimately, Fumo-V ONE Strip Tests help animal feed and pet food manufacturers to make the best decisions that can ensure product safety while maximizing time and money in the processing environment.
WHY: Fumo-V ONE Strip Tests eliminate the complexity and technique-dependent procedures which are common with traditional methods and eliminate previous limitations of lateral flow strip tests for testing complex finished products, such as feeds. Fumo-V ONE Strip Tests take just 10 minutes from sample to result, to dramatically reduce total test time, and uses water for extraction, helping improve safety and sustainability for on-site testing.
- Learn more about VICAM Fumo-V One Rapid Lateral Flow Strip Test
- Connect with Waters via Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
ABOUT: Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT), a global leader in analytical instruments and software, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, food, and environmental sciences for more than 65 years. With approximately 8,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 14 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.